Monday, January 09, 2006

The High of Music

I was back on the sound board this past Sunday at my church, after a few weeks off due to a "little" case of appendicitis. I went into the ER on December 15 at about 4:30 pm and by 11:00 pm I was on my way into the OR to have this pesky thing that God "blessed" us with called the appendix removed. From what my surgeon told me it was one of the worst he has ever seen. Thanks Doc!

Anyway, I was in the hospital for six days after, and I was able to go home on December 21. During that time I had the chance to think about some things, and of course, sound issues came to mind. On Friday my friends from church, Joe and Nick, came to visit and the first things that I said to them was ... "I need someone to cover the Dusard wedding on Saturday and the services on Sunday!"

Why was I thinking of this stuff, when I was laying in the hospital? What normal person would even care about how things got done while I was laid up? It just goes to show how powerful the power of the worship of God is. I said to someone on Sunday ... "I missed this, it is kinda like a drug for me." I need the high of the feeling I get when I am assisting in making praise for God. I may not be on stage playing my guitar or singing, but I am in the back of the room helping the team "Do their thing".

I had an awesome time, and I am looking forward to the next time I am "On the board". It will give me my "fix".

2 Comments:

Blogger ashley said...

i couldn't believe that the soundboard was your concern when nick and joe went to see you. i laughed out loud over that one. but for real, your wife is so right!! you need to be "delegating."

we were taught in college (a ministry school) that you should always be working yourself out of your position. isn't that what we see from Paul? ok i'm done preaching.

for real, szabo...God's given you a gift...and will bless you for that.

6:22 AM  
Blogger daltonsbriefs said...

Don't let John fool ya
He ran the other guys out a couple years ago.

2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home