Friday, October 21, 2005

In Search of Excellence

Webster's defines the word excellent as; very good of its kind: eminently good.

You know our lives need to strive towards this word. To strive towards excellence is to strive towards an intimate relationship with our God. Don't we want excellence? How many people would want their children to only be OK, or to have a mediocre marriage. I know I want my child (which is on the way) to strive for excellence in everything he or she does. To keep your marriage in search of excellence you need to place God in the middle of every decision and discussion.

The way to accomplish this is to place God where He belongs, and seek Him out. For me seeking God comes in many forms, but the place in which I want to be excellent in His view more than anything is in my relationship with my wife. In keeping God in focus and concentrating on His love our marriage couldn't be better. We had our rocky period, but after stepping back and looking at our relationship from a different view we realized we weren't doing it right. We placed God in the center, and prayed and prayed and prayed. God has blessed us in enornous ways and we are SO appreciative of His grace.

Do you ever think, "Can I do this better?" It doesn't matter what it is; marriage, work, play, sports, raising kids, worshipping. We can always "Do Better", we will never be perfect. But it's fun trying to reach that plateau. We WILL be better in heaven. I can't wait!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home